Cherry’s History

  • 2016: Cherry launches a new B2B business area focusing on gaming tecnology – XCaliber
  • 2016: Game Lounge was awarded “Affiliate of the Year”
  • 2016: Cherry acquired Betman
  • 2016: Game Lounge acquired the affiliate company Interclick Ltd.
  • 2016: Cherry issues a secured bond listed on Nasdaq Stockholm
  • 2016: Yggdrasil Gaming was granted gaming licences in Gibraltar and Romania, Cherry iGaming was granted a licence in UK
  • 2016: Cherry acquires 49% of ComeOn with an option to acquire the remaining 51%.
  • 2016: Yggdrasil Gaming was granted the licences required by the UK Gambling Commission in late December 2015, and goes live in UK with its full product suite.
  • 2016: Cherry is awarded the IGA Online Gaming Operator of the Year for the third year. Yggdrasil Gaming is awarded the IGA iGaming Software Supplier.
  • 2015: Cherry is awarded the IGA Online Gaming Operator of the Year for the second year. Acquires 100% of Moorgate Media Ltd., 75% of Almor Holding Limited, and 51% of Game Lounge. Fredrik Burvall is appointed MD and CEO of Cherry. Phases out its involvement in Klubblo and decides to apply for listing of its shares on Nasdaq Stockholm. Yggdrasil Gaming is awarded UK licences by the UKGC.
  • 2014: Cherry is awarded the IGA Online Gaming Operator of the Year award. Cherry acquires JPC Casino. Klubblo is launched in co-operation with the Swedish Sports Alliance and the media group Metro.
  • 2013: Cherry is awarded an online casino licence in Schleswig-Holstein. Cherry sells the Automaten brands for SEK 286 million and acquires the online casino CherryCasino.com. Cherry releases SpilleAutomater.com. Cherry invests in the game development company Yggdrasil Gaming and in Klubblo – a new Swedish sports lottery. Acquisition of 49% of the shares in online gaming company Web Resorts.
  • 2012: Cherry launches EuroSlots.com – European slots online – on a new platform and under a Maltese licence. Cherry sells the business area Maritime Gaming. It changes name from Cherryföretagen to Cherry. Cherry divests the Maritime Gaming business.
  • 2016: Yggdrasil Gaming was awarded the operating licences required in Gibraltar by the Gibraltar Licensing Authority.
  • 2016: Cherry acquires 49% of ComeOn with an option to acquire the remaining 51%.
  • 2016: Yggdrasil Gaming was awarded the licences required by the UK Gambling Commission in late December 2015, and goes live in UK with its full product suite.
  • 2016: Cherry is awarded the IGA Online Gaming Operator of the Year for the third year. Yggdrasil Gaming is awarded the IGA iGaming Software Supplier.
  • 2015: Cherry is awarded the IGA Online Gaming Operator of the Year for the second year. Acquires 100% of Moorgate Media Ltd., 75% of Almor Holding Limited, and 51% of Game Lounge. Fredrik Burvall is appointed MD and CEO of Cherry. Phases out its involvement in Klubblo and decides to apply for listing of its shares on Nasdaq Stockholm. Yggdrasil Gaming is awarded UK licences by the UKGC.
  • 2014: Cherry is awarded the IGA Online Gaming Operator of the Year award. Cherry acquires JPC Casino. Klubblo is launched in co-operation with the Swedish Sports Alliance and the media group Metro.
  • 2013: Cherry is awarded an online casino licence in Schleswig-Holstein. Cherry sells the Automaten brands for SEK 286 million and acquires the online casino CherryCasino.com. Cherry releases SpilleAutomater.com. Cherry invests in the game development company Yggdrasil Gaming and in Klubblo – a new Swedish sports lottery. Acquisition of 49% of the shares in online gaming company Web Resorts.
  • 2012: Cherry launches EuroSlots.com – European slots online – on a new platform and under a Maltese licence. Cherry sells the business area Maritime Gaming. It changes name from Cherryföretagen to Cherry. Cherry divests the Maritime Gaming business.
  • 2011: Cherry launches a new affiliate web site, CherryAffiliates.com and launches Europe’s biggest lottery with daily draws, EuroLotto.com.
    Emil Sunvisson is appointed CEO.
  • 2010: Cherry acquires the Automaten group with the casino sites SverigeAuto­maten, NorgesAutomaten, and DanmarksAutomaten and becomes a leading operator within online slot machines in Scandinavia.
  • 2009: Cherry acquires Astral Marine Services and expands in Maritime Gaming in the English Channel, the North Sea and the Irish Sea. Cherry acquires Joker Casino and strengthens its position as a market leader in Restaurant Casino in Sweden.
  • 2008: Cherry launches the gaming site PlayCherry.com. Cherry launches 11-box
    cloths for Black Jack and dismantle land based gaming in Denmark.
  • 2007: Cherry launches the product/service EventCasino.
  • 2006: Cherryföretagen changes name to Betsson. The traditional gaming operation in the business sector Cherry Casino merges in a new group and changes name into Cherryföretagen. At an Extraordinary General Assembly in Betsson on September 6th 2006, decisions are made to distribute Cherry’s shares to Betsson’s shareholders and to list Cherry on Aktietorget. Gunnar Lind is appointed CEO.
  • 2005: Cherry sells its part-owned operation in Chile. Cherry announces that the company shall be divided into three parts; Betsson, Cherry and Net Entertainment.
  • 2004: Cherry acquires the remaining shares of Betsson. Cherry acquires the operations in Knutsson Casino and Engdahl Casino. Net Entertainment obtains a gaming licence in Malta. The part-owned betting exchange Betsson.com expands dramatically and experiences its commercial breakthrough.
  • 2003: Cherry acquires stakes in the English sport gaming operation Betsson.com. Net Entertainment sells Casino Modules to several Internet gaming companies. Cherry signs an agree­ment with Danska Shell over gaming at petrol stations. Net Entertainment’s turnover is increasing and the company reach the point of profitability.
  • 2002: Pontus Lindwall become the CEO for Cherry once again. Cherry implements the year’s only over-subscribed preferential rights issue and gains SEK 20 million from existing shareholders. Net Entertainment sells its first Casino Module to Expekt.com.
  • 2000: Cherry acquires Kinnevik’s part of Net Entertainment. Payment is made through a new is­sue of shares whereupon Kinnevik becomes the biggest shareholder in Cherry. The Parent Company’s shares are listed on OM Stockholm Stock Exchange’s O-list on June 22nd.
  • 1999: Cherry acquires First Casino and starts Maritime operations in the Mediterranean. A co-operation agreement with AB Svenska Spel is signed over Värdeautomater. Cherry invests its surplus liquidity in IT companies, mainly in the internet sector.
  • 1998: Cherry acquires 35% of Net Entertainment AB
  • 1997: Cherry is listed on the SBI list
  • 1994: Cherry acquires Casino Invest in Umeå, thereby strengthening its position in Norrland and Gothenburg.
  • 1992: The Board resolves to streamline operations and slim down or close down in Eastern Europe. The company is to concentrate on gaming in Sweden and on ships in Scandinavia.
  • 1986-1991: Cherry provides slot machines and casinos in a number of eastern European countries.
  • 1984: Cherry acquires a number of former operating Swedish gaming companies and finances the acquisitions with newly-issued shares. The basis for a new group is created.
  • 1978: The Swedish parliament passes a law banning slot machines; the foundation of Cherry’s business disappears within a month. An extensive reorganisation is initiated.
  • 1974: Cherry signs a co-operation agreement with the successful slot machine company Atari and distributes their products in the UK and Scandinavia.
  • 1973: New legislation enables licensed restaurants to provide slot machines with wins in SEK. Cherry expands rapidly and takes 55% of the slot machine market.
  • 1972: Restaurang Rouletter AB changes its name to Cherry. The iconic Cherry was introduced.
  • 1968: A close co-operation with Roulettekonsult & Spelautomater AB, founded by Mr Per Hamberg and Mr Lars Kling was initiated. The operation grew nationwide.
  • 1963: Restaurang Rouletter AB was founded by Mr Bill Lindwall and Mr Rolf Lundström. The operations were primarily located in the south and central of Sweden.